Attending writing conferences is a vital part of being a writer. And there are plenty of mega-conferences to choose from. But I believe in smaller, more intimate conferences. Why?
- Because you’ll have opportunities to make real friendships and spend more time with the writing instructors. You’ll hear more unguarded comments and you’ll have more opportunities to have your questions answered.
- Because attending a conference propels you out of your ordinary life into a new experience. The experience will be inspiring and energizing. This energy can be translated to the page.
- Because you’re serious about making breakthroughs in your writing. Under the guidance of published authors and writing coaches, you’ll receive the individualized—and top notch—attention that you’ve always wanted.
- An intimate venue means a fun and relaxed approach to learning.
- Because the Summer in Words location on the Oregon coast is especially uplifting and magical.